Saturday 18 October 2014

Phone call placed with PIC!

I have done the first end-to-end demonstration of dialling a number with the rotary dialler and placing a call using the Seimens T30 phone module via a MAX232.

The only problem I had was that I'd bought a passthrough RS232 cable instead of a cross over (aka "null modem cable". This basically makes the output of the RS232 the input to the phone by crossing over the Rx & Tx.

I achieved this by stuffing some wires in until I get my new X-over cable.


Next step is to improve the dialling detection. Currently I am waiting about 1 second after the last received pulse to determine the end of the dial to add the number to the AT string. At the beginning of the dial there is a long pulse as you rotate the rotary anti-clockwise, I will try and use this to indicate the the previous number has been dialled.

No comments:

Post a Comment